Saturday, February 16

Future Plans

Well, it's been a while since my last post, I've just been busy with life and all the other stuff but I couldn't resist posting my newly discovered plans for the future!

Although a somewhat materialistic person in the past, I seem to have slowly evolved into a more carefree person trying to simplify my way of life, which I'm pretty sure annoys everyone in my family. I found myself being a little jealous of my U.S. touring musician
brother recently when I found out he had visited San Francisco....(and I got the t-shirt) a place I've been dreaming of visiting for years now. I'm pretty sure that just standing under the Haight-Ashbury sign would fill my entire being with the colorful aura of all the past artists that 'made' that corner back in the 1960's. And although I never really was a total believer in reincarnation, I find myself yearning to 'return' to that area.....or era....for some reason, as if it's calling me.

So....on that note, I've decided that I should head out. You know,hit the open road. I'll take a few snacks, my aromatherapy
oils and some beads to string (in case I run out of money and need to sell oils or jewelry) a couple of tye dyed shirts and a few other essentials and go west. Of course, to get the real feel for the whole adventure, I'll need a vehicle such as this really cool colorful VW Magic bus. Now, although the bus has a great paint job, I really don't have that kind of time to invest.
And I would really like a little more head room especially if I'll be spending a lot of time in this mobile condo so maybe I could settle for something like this instead.


This bus looks to have a really cool convertable top that can double as a sun deck, or slicky slide for the nearest water hole, whichever I may need at the time. Not to mention the artwork will take much less time to complete and... it still gets the message across.

Yes, this seems like a pretty interesting plan. I mean, who wouldn't want to travel, see the country, meet new people and have plenty of time to reflect or do some soul searching? The only problem I see is not having my Sirius Radio. I'm pretty much addicted to the 70's channel and I have to have a daily dose or I cannot function properly. Well, I guess I could dig out those few 8-tracks I have stored away, I'm sure this buggy has a wicked-awsome player!! Well, now that I've got the plan down, I guess I'll run it by my family. I'm thinking that they can either let me go on my journey or let me redecorate the family room like this. Note the tye dyed pool table.

Yeah, after they see the new 'Sugar Shack' sofa/bus, I figure my husband will be installing new wipers and helping me to 'pimp my VW ride'. And to make it feel a little more like home, I may even strap a rocking chair to the top. Californy...here I come!!



1 comment:

Kim Cavender said...

You're such a nut! I love this! Hey, can I come with you?